22 July 2014

Under the Sea: Mermaid Party

Since sloan loves the little mermaid, we threw a Mermaid Party for her. I did not use the little mermaid exclusively because I am a fan of all mermaids.

We threw the party from 10am - 12pm. I'll let the pictures tell the story.
Sloan's teachers made her some signs that we used on the front door to our home.



Upon arrival, Sloan handed out a mermaid tail. I made one for each child; WE also had eye patches for the boys who didn't want a tail. The blue tail was for sloan. I made 12 green tails. Even piper wore one. I also made myself a mermaid skirt and Sloan a mermaid skirt with individual scales! We will try to wear these more than once!


Candy Sushi:

I also made "crab leg" carrots, celery, "sea" cucumbers, and fruit salad.


Crab Croissants, chicken salad and pb&j.


The fun:


There was also a wooden crab craft station (where you can look through the crab) for the kids to make and take home. I didn't catch a picture but you can see in this one:

We filled the room with blue and white balloons. "Life is the Bubbles". The kids had a great time running around with each other. All of the children are Sloan's classmates (or were at one time), and all of the parents work together or have a spouse that does, which made for a fun party since most everyone knew one another.






The party even made it's way into Sloan's room

 

Cupcake time!


Piper enjoyed all the sweet cuddles:



Sneaky girl wanting to open her gifts!


My friend Amy made a collage of the day and sent it to me. 

Our big gift to sloan is always her party, but this bicycle comes in a close second! I sure do enjoy celebrating my children and doing whatever I can to make their childhoods the best they can be!


1 comment:

  1. This is my sister's favorite theme. It's sweet, colorful and just suits a kid's innocence. Glad to be exploring the net and found great Little Mermaid birthday party ideas like this. THis is going to be my niece's party theme next year. yehey <3 God bless always! I would love to pin some photos from this post hope it's find with you.

    ReplyDelete