06 June 2014

Sweet P: The First Month

One day old!

How has an entire month flown by so quickly? Consider this post a photo bomb!
16 days old
We have been so blessed with meals from the ladies at our church for several weeks and visits from both my parents and Rick's.  Tuesday (June 3rd) Piper had her one month well visit.  She is 11 lbs and 10 oz (98%) and 22.75" long (99%).  She is gaining just a little over a pound a week. She is thriving to say the least, and it is hard to believe that she is only a month old. She is wearing size 2 diapers and size 6 month clothing (though some of her 3 month onesies also fit), and she is absolutely precious.  Piper only drinks breast milk. I have been blessed again with an ample supply and am keeping up with her needs despite her size!
16 days old

Piper can roll to her side and lift her head. She smiles often, especially in her sleep.  Wednesday Piper rolled over from front to back twice. I was able to film it as it was anticipated. She has come close to rolling from back to front but i don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

Piper's eyes are undoubtably blue, her hair is sandy blonde and she has very long blonde eyelashes like myself. Her coloring is VERY similar to my baby picture from the hospital, except my hair was a little lighter and less prevalent.  My father in law thinks her hair looks strawberry blonde, but I think she will have dark blonde hair once it grows out. Who knows, it could even end up white blonde like mine was up through elementary school.
One Month Old
16 days old

Piper is a good baby and only wakes up 1 or 2 times at night. She likes to sleep in the morning while big sister gets ready for school. Last night Piper slept from 10pm-430am! I am hoping this is the new trend, she is certainly big enough to start sleeping most of the night .
One day old!


Sloan is an amazing big sister and a helpful and thoughtful daughter. She loves to hold Piper and give her hugs and kisses. Sometimes she is a bit rough with her but we gently remind her that she is fragile.

I took some photographs of Piper after her 2 week appointment and I think they came out wonderfully. We also purchased the ones from the hospital taken at a day old and our good friend Armistead took a few at six days old, but when he came, she was cranky and had a little conjunctivitis of her eye, which is apparently common in vaginal births, so while the photos were beautiful, the baby wasn't cooperating, nor was her eye. Poor thing.


6 days old!


6 days old!







I have made several outings alone with both girls and it wasn't that bad. I have also taken both of them to the pool by myself several times. The double stroller is really coming in handy though sometimes the snap and go works better in a pinch and is so much lighter to manage!

Piper is a little fussier than Sloan was as a baby (considering Sloan never fussed), and baby wearing is my life saver! We like the Moby wrap the best right now and will likely be buying a gauze one for the summer since I am starting to get sweaty.

Here is a baby wearing selfie! Aren't we cute? Nevermind the nails. Sloan and I did a Piggie Paint manicure and it was wearing off!


No comments:

Post a Comment