01 May 2014

Baby Bee #2: 38 weeks

Baby's Size: 
I had an ultrasound on Monday morning. Baby is measuring 10 days ahead and in the 90th percentile. She was an estimated 8 lbs 3 oz at that appt. I am 2cm dilated and 50% effaced so i am progressing nicely. I really want to make it to the end of the day Friday and then she is welcome to come. We have our company picnic on Friday which ends in a pretty spectacular fireworks display. We have to make it because I told Sloan her sister would come AFTER. Now of course I can't help it if she comes sooner, but it would be nice to be right!

Biggest ChallengesEarly labor is a bit challenging. Contractions that take my breath away and stabbing cervical pains. Yup, you read it here. It's not fun, but I know with each pain, i'm getting closer to seeing my sweet precious baby girl, and that makes my heart happy!

Cravings:  Nothing much .  Maybe some sleep. I am sleeping just ok. some nights are better than others. WE went on a date last weekend and i had a few glasses of tea. I was up ALL night using the rest room. I tend to avoid caffeine. 

Movement:  She is still moving a bit. Her heart beat is slowing down, the end is near. She isn't quite as active, but if i eat sweets she does give me a good round of kicks. I am presently have a lot of contractions and am not sure if i will make it to NEXT week...

Sleep:  I want to sleep on my stomach.


What I Miss: I miss being able to pick up Sloan and spin her around and run with her. Soon enough. I also miss being able to stand without my feet feeling sore.

What i LOVE:  I love the way i feel. Despite everything going on inside my body, i feel pretty great. This pregnancy has had challenges for sure, but I could definitely do this again. How many women say that while 38 weeks pregnant!

Milestone:  I had an awesome baby shower thrown by the ladies at church and a nice cake at work with my coworkers. It was chocolate with raspberry filling and white icing. And a cute little baby butt.

Baby Cake from Work

Baby shower from church which was thrown at our house. This worked out great for me aside from having to make sure the house was clean and because I was so preoccupied with that, i forgot to dress all cute. Oh well! These days i'm lucky to get a shower and a comb through my hair before i wipe out. I'm tired!

I do love these ladies! They are such a blessing to me.  Can you guess the baby's name?  My friend Abigail made the sign for baby Piper as well as these amazing cupcakes. It's nice to have a friend who went to culinary school and specialized as a pastry chef!


Emotions:  Happy. Tired. A little on edge, but doing good so far.

Maternity Clothes: I miss shopping!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment