16 April 2014

Baby Bee #2: 34-36 weeks




I will be 36 weeks TOMORROW, so yeah i'm about a week behind on these posts, i decided to go ahead and add 36 weeks in there. I am down to weekly doctor appointments.  I will get another ultrasound around in 2 weeks to check on her size! Fluid levels are fine. Movement is fine. She's must feel snug in there, I imagine she will love to be swaddled for the first bit as tight as my stomach must feel around her.
Baby's Size: 
Baby is about 6lbs (WOW) and the size of a head of romaine lettuce and 18.5 inches long! I'm so grateful that I have a long torso!

Biggest Challenges: My legs officially feel sore when i walk too much. I was sewing this weekend and my feet swelled up. From Sewing?!?! drat! 

Cravings: Ice cream and Cake.  Might as well enjoy it while i can! And water. Lots and  Lots of Water. 

Movement: Slowing down but still active. I think she is running out of room. My skin seems to think so!  She is still head down and I expect her to stay that way. She has not dropped nor engaged, but I suspect with her weight, the minute she drops, it will break my water and it will be game on. Just a hunch.

Sleep: I am sleeping WONDERFULLY! Really I am. Best pregnant sleep I've had in a while. Sloan is sleeping well. Rick is sleeping well and snoring less. Night life in the Beeman home is so calm and quiet right now. Boy how all that is about to change. Perhaps the calm before the proverbial storm and all that is newborn?
What I Miss: I miss being able to run around and be super active without getting winded or my legs sore! I took my wedding rings off but am not incredibly swollen. Just a precaution.

What i LOVE:  I love being pregnant for just a little while longer. Feeling the baby move. I love nesting! I'm still not gaining too much weight and have even been told I don't even look pregnant from behind, or when i'm sitting down (and my stomach is concealed) That makes me feel pretty good.

Milestone:  Lots and Lots of contractions, they will check me next week! We did a maternity photo shoot at 35w3d and I LOVE the pictures. Esp the ones of Sloan which i will show on her 2.75 blog post this weekend (which means likely next week)

Emotions:  Very excited but starting to get a little sad that Sloan will no longer have my undivided attention. She will totally be fine and Rick and I were just discussing how great it will be for her to have a playmate close in age (sort of close in age?). I expect the girls to be best friends, at least until puberty hits. I am also very excited to go into labor naturally. It has truly been a blessing to have such a healthy pregnancy. Sure I have had my moments of "I will never do this again" but for the most part, I have really enjoyed this pregnancy.  I feel great most of the time. I don't look super huge (unless you ask some of my coworkers who have only had 6 lbs babies or smaller and then they would tell you my stomach is HUGE) and i'm not super swollen. I am very excited about going into labor on my own. The suspense of the unknown. This is the true surprise of pregnancy. Not knowing when the baby will come. I am very excited about that, but am also very aware of my body and a little bit nervous about my water breaking at an inopportune moment. Fortunately, I have a wonderful group of people in my life so wherever it happens (IF it happens), I'm sure it will be fine. I am really hoping to make it past May 4th.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. :) Summer wardrobe ! Which is great because since this baby hasn't dropped like her big sister, my stomach is much larger, and that makes my pants SO much tighter and uncomfortable. So dresses and skirts from here on out. even if some dresses do make me look like i'm wearing a mumu, i don't really care. I want to feel good. Looking good is nice, but not a necessity right now. Either rate, add a necklace and everything looks fabulous!

Sloan LOVES her baby sister so much already!









 

1 comment:

  1. You do look fantastic! And these pictures of you and Sloan comparing bellies are just adorable. What great memories!

    ReplyDelete