16 July 2013

Tuesday Funny

This was supposed to be a Sunday Funny, but life keeps getting in the way and I am finding that i have less time to write than normal. Once i finish writing my PhD dissertation (next week) life should go back to almost normal. We shall see what normal really means.

The other day, Sloan was playing with a penny. Yes I allow my almost 2 year old to play with money. She enjoys dumping it out of her piggy bank and then putting it back in. Hand-Eye Coordination right?

Her older brother was in town and had dropped a penny on the sofa. Of course she found it and was toying with putting it in her mouth.  I took the penny away because, as I told her, we do not put money in our mouths.  A few seconds later she is really chewing on something and in a nervous panic, I rush to her and demand she spit it out.

Sloan spits a few times and nothing but saliva hits my hand.

"Sloan," I urgently inquire, "what did you put in your mouth"....

Matter of fact she replies, " A boogie" . She then gives me the sweetest grin.

The feeling of fear quickly turned to laughter. Convincing her that boogers are not for eating, well that is left for another day.



This morning Sloan and i went to the dollar tree to pick up a few balloons for her birthday party. While perusing the toy aisle, Sloan took a few frisbees out and started putting those shrink wrapped novelty towels on top. She walked over to me and stated, "Mommy, have a pic-pic with me", so i obliged, and sat in the middle of the aisle and enjoyed eating a few shrink wrapped Superman and Dora Towels. After a few bites (we were in a rush to get to work), I told her it was time to leave and Sloan stated, "Thank You for having a pic-pic with me." My heart completely melted right there.

I love that my sweet girl appreciates our time together and is grateful for the little things. Over the last two years my heart has grown larger than I could imagine. Seeing the way she loves her daddy and her daddy loves her has grown my heart for him too. What a fabulous family we have.

Happy 41st Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad! I'm glad you finally made it to the city of lights ! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment