17 June 2012

Happy Fathers Day - from Sloan

Dear dada,
I know I'm only 11 months old but I want you to know that I've enjoyed our first fathers day together. Even though it seems every day is fathers day because I love you so much, here is a short list of only a few of the many reasons why I love you so much; in no particular order


1. I love the time we share in the morning when mama sleeps in. Not just because it's a selfless gift you can give mama but also because I'm so happy in the morning and I get to play with you and Ellie.

2. I love the walks you take me and Ellie on and swinging at the park. We sure do walk a long ways sometimes and I fight so hard to stay awake but I almost always fall asleep the last 10 minutes. Thank you for ensuring I get fresh air and teaching me the good habit of exercise.































3. I love watching sports with you. Sports fascinate me and I can't wait to go to my first ball game with you.





4. I love that you take me to church almost every week and that you pray with me. This (God) will be the most important thing in my life when i grow up so thank you for instilling a relationship with Him in me now.

5. I LOVE that you love my mama. Your love for her makes me feel SAFE, secure and confident. Thank you for making me feel SAFE and building in me an early sense of self esteem!

6. I mostly love the times we get to cuddle to sleep and you sing to me my favorite song. Thank you for teaching me about the muppets and maybe when I'm older I'll be able to sit through an entire movie with you. I look forward to that day very much!


"Why are there so many songs about rainbows and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions, and rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it.
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me."

I love you to the moon and back!






p.s. happy Father's Day to my Grandpa Sloan and my Granddad Beeman and my Great Papaw. I love them very much too!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! What a nice letter from Miss Sloan! :)

    ReplyDelete