29 May 2012

Oh the Places You'll Go..

Happy 10 months and 10 days baby girl!


This month we did not take a photo with Big Bear. Instead, we hopped on a plane and flew to California so that Sloan and her baby cousin Bailey could meet. Bailey is only three months old so she wasn't quite ready for Sloan and all that she brings.  Bailey is quite advanced though, she has already rolled over all by herself! Sloan looks HUGE compared to baby Bailey and we had a tough time keeping sloan's hands out of her (Bailey's) eyes and mouth. Sloan LOVES her aunt kiki and even went to her without crying! My baby girl is growing up so fast!



The flight to California was tough but Sloan did a great job. The flight was overbooked so we did not have the good fortune to have a free seat for the baby to play in. We somehow managed. We finally arrived to California on Friday the 18th of May and spent the entire day of the 19th there. Sloan's aunt kiki has a new house with an amazing pool just perfect for our waterbug to play in.



Sunday the 20th of May, we woke up and boarded another plane, this time, First Class trip to MAUI!


When we arrived in Maui we were greeted by Grammy and Granddad Beeman! We spent a week in Maui and then headed over to the Big Island on a small 9 seater plane. Rick and his parents were a little scared but Sloan and I LOVED the flight. I got some great pics from my phone as well as my new camera but will have to wait to upload when i get home. For now, we are working on a morning nap, and this has been my first chance to blog -uninterrupted since we started our journey. Sloan is loving her grammy and granddad, and has really warmed up to them. We are LOVING every minute with them. Sloan is still a momma's girl, but she has grown leaps and bounds this trip. Her sleep patterns are a bit wacky, so i'm not really looking forward to our first week(s) back home, but I'm sure her teachers in daycare  school will be an amazing help towards that! I am sure she will look so different to them when we go back to school. She is even starting to look different to me. Much Much bigger.

I'll be sure to blog more about our trip and all of our adventures once I get the laundry washed and put away, the baby back on a schedule, and then find the time to sit and breathe. We have seen waterfalls, and parrots, and beaches, and goats, and many many birds, cats, dogs, lizards, lots of sand, surf, lava rocks, dolphins, flamingoes, volcanoes, and so much more!  Here are a few pictures to hold you over until I find the time to write again...











3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I love the photo of you wearing the blue shirt and Sloan's blue eyes with that backdrop. Have fun in Hawaii. Even though I feel like I just left, you make me want to head back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Miss her though! Have more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, the pictures so far are wonderful!! Sure looks like the babies will become best of friends. :)

    ReplyDelete