25 April 2012

Life is about the Journey

Life is a journey, not just a destination.

Today Sloan had her 9 month check up and surprise, we had a shot. Her last of the Hep B. She only cried for a few seconds and once i scooped her up, she was just fine. The doctor said that Sloan was perfectly healthy and was very happy with her recent progress Baby girl has us on our toes for sure. Sloan is 18 lbs and 7 oz (the 50th percentile), 28.25 inches long (the 75th percentile) and her head is still in the 10-15th percentile which is fine by me.

Having said all of that, I am excited to say, Rick, Sloan and myself will be going to HAWAII in THREE WEEKS! wow, the time sure has flown. We will first be stopping for two nights in San Francisco so that Sloan Violet and her newest cousin Bailey Grace can meet for the first time. We really hope the two of them can visit at least once a year since they are so close in age! We have not had a proper vacation since I flew to Dubai over the holidays in 2010,

That was my last beach trip, which for me, is far too long to avoid the beach but last summer I was too miserably pregnant and bedridden to go, so to make up for it, we will be spending a week in Maui, and then a week on the Big Island. On the return trip, we will spend a few days in Texas and then back home. We are so excited to get to take some time away from our life to go enjoy each other and our baby!

I can't wait to relax at the beach and maybe take a few adventures. Rick wants to whale watch. I will be perfectly happy sitting by the ocean/pool and letting him chase our baby around. If this goes well, we might have to fly Internationally next year. Sloan has her passport application filled out and ready to be filed. And in actuality, a flight to Hawaii is a LOT longer than the flight to Paris. Just sayin'!

As if we weren't busy enough, this weekend we will be taking a mini-vacation to the beautiful coast of NC. Emerald Isle beach. I am excited for Sloan to see the ocean for the first time as well as an endless supply of sandbox that is the beach. We have a few backup plans if the weather or the baby go awry, namely, a small aquarium and a Civil War fort (Fort Macon). I have been there before and it is a really cool fort.  Blackbeard used to hang around these waters, and I'm always caught daydreaming about the things that happened on our beaches.

Rick and I have such an amazing life together and every day/week/month/year are only getting better. We are truly blessed in so many ways...


3 comments:

  1. This entry made me smile and I am already looking forward to read about all the fun you guys are going to have in coming weeks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad her doctor's visit went well! I am so jealous you are going to Hawaii, but I can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawaii will be so much fun! And I am quite jealous that you guys live so close to the beach already. :)

    ReplyDelete