04 November 2011

Cloth Diapers

I am really into being environmentally friendly. I try to do as much as i can to reduce my footprint on the world. I drive a hybrid SUV because I know that i need the bigger car, but I also know that i can do my part to conserve the Earth's resources. One of the most valuable resources the Earth has is land which is why I am pretty passionate about recycling and reducing the amount of things we throw into the land fill. Because of this, I have started cloth diapering part of the time.

Cloth Diapering Part Time:
Sloan is wearing Fuzzibunz cloth diapers on nights and weekends, as we wish to do our part to contribute less waste to the landfills! An average diaper takes hundreds of years to decompose! Some websites intimate that it takes around 550 years! which means long after our Great Great Great Great grandchildren are dead, the diapers I wore as a baby  will STILL be in a landfill somewhere. And i'm just not ok with that. I don't know how anyone can be "ok" with that. And since I cannot cloth diaper full time because Sloan's school won't do it, I can do my part at home! To learn more about how you can do your part, visit http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/diaperfacts.php for more information. To us, its not about saving money, its about doing our part to contribute to the future of our children, and of the planet.


Anything to do our part to make Sloan's future just a little brighter! This has been your PSA for today. 
Happy Friday!


1 comment:

  1. We love our cloth diapers! They really aren't that difficult to use, and I don't know why more people don't try them.

    I drive a hybrid SUV too - glad to know there are other Earth-friendly people out there!

    ReplyDelete