22 November 2011

Baptized!!

Last weekend, 13 November 2011, was Sloan's baptism.  Since our church only does baby dedications, I really wanted to baptize her the way that i was baptized. Rick will argue its a matter of semantics, verbiage if you will... but it is something that is important to me and my family, so baptized she was! It was a beautiful service though Sloan and I did not make it to the end. Sloan was hungry and cried most of the time. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it. We promptly left after our part of the service and did not return until Sloan had eaten.. This just happens to be the very same gown that I was baptized in on November 2, 1980. 






i wanted to add, while Sloan is nearly 4 months in the picture above, I was just two months and four days old, and probably a lot bigger.

1 comment: