18 July 2011

37 weeks and that is all she wrote!


SIZE of Miss Beeman:


our baby is now considered "full term," even though my due date is three weeks away. If i go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

We will know tomorrow what her actual size is!!!!!!



Biggest challenges:  
waiting. 

Cravings:
Oh man! I can't wait to feel better. Might be a while but its on the horizon now!

Gender: 
a precious little girl!

Movement: 
She is moving fine but things are tight in there.

Sleep:
I slept great the past few nights. Last night was the LAST night alone, in our bed, baby free.

What I Miss
I sort of had a moment of "freak out" last night. I am going to miss it being just rick, myself, and the dogs. Bittersweet!

What i LOVE
I love that i'm about to meet my baby girl. My life seems to be falling into place nicely. God sure does have a sense of humor (See Milestones)

Emotions
I cried last night. a LOT is happening all at once and now there is no time left. This is it!

Milestone
Last night I got a phone call. Someone is making an offer on my house! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? We actually never took it off the market b/c we were getting too many showings. So we did weekend showings  only so that Rick would be there to help. We had 4 scheduled showings this weekend.  My mom said, as soon as we set up the nursery, you'll get an offer. Guess what?

We set up the nursery on Saturday. (we meaning my mom, dad and husband) I rested, delegated (bossed is more like it). Sunday Rick and i dropped the dogs off at the groomer and drove to see Harry Potter at the IMAX in 3D! (we are season pass holders) I think it is important to see the number one box office hit for the day your baby is born b/c trust me- nothing will outgross this film by Tuesday! It was awesome> we watched the entire series. (ok i did) Rick watched the last two.

anyways, we will know soon enough if they accept our counter offer. They wanted to close by Aug 19th but since i'll be in the hospital for the next few days, i can't go find a house and make an offer. We countered with Aug 29th (my birthday!!) and we shall see what they come back at us with. I pray it goes through but if not, we love our house and will keep on with whatever.

Talk about timing. God has a sense of humor doesn't he?
not only do i have to go have a baby tonight/tomorrow. I also have to find a house and get my offer accepted and loan approved. Fortunately my lender has been in my life for five years now and is a great person to work with. He is up to date on the situation and will gladly get this moving for us!

here's a pic of the crib. Not done yet
photo.JPG


1 comment:

  1. Best wishes for all to go well and a speedy delivery. How exciting about the house. Keep your sense of humor. LOL

    ReplyDelete