11 July 2011

36 weeks!

This will be my next to last blog concerning the pregnancy in weeks. Today I went to the doctor and got sent back to the Hospital for monitoring. I will be induced next week. They will call me in the morning to set up the time. I am nervous. I hadn't planned this but as i said before, you set a plan in place and you prepare to be flexible. I tested Strep B positive so I will be getting an IV in labor anyways to protect the baby. This is standard practice. Since I took 12 weeks of Bradley Birth Method classes with Laura Conrad (a great teacher whom i highly recommend), I know a LOT about what is going to happen to me. Once we set my induction date, I will check in the night before and they will insert Cervidil into my cervix. I will go to sleep (in the hospital) and in the morning i will wake up and they will begin administering Pitocin.  The cervidil should begin to soften and dilate my cervix and the the pitocin will bring on contractions and continue the job. I am extremely nervous and am not sure how this will affect my plan to go without the epidural but we shall see. At least the baby will be smaller and not tear me up as much :) one can hope.



SIZE of Miss Beeman:



My baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

Biggest challenges:  
right now the biggest challenge is being on bed rest and keeping my BP down. I can end up in the hospital any minute having a seizure or a stroke and then the only relief is to perform a c-section to get the baby out. The only cure for pre-eclampsia is child birth. Rick has to stay close by because at any minute if my BP shoots up i'm back in the hospital. Apparently pre-eclampsia is pretty serious. My doctors are not taking this lightly and they sure aren't playing around. So that is what i will call Worst Case Scenario. WCS is that I end up blacking out in a pile of mess and have to be rushed to the hospital. Clearly Rick is taking care of me and keeping an eye on me to make sure that this doesn't happen.  I was hospitalized on Thursday to Saturday and again today (Monday). I gotta stay outta there for one more week!

Cravings:
I want to be able to walk/run/do stuff.

Gender: 
A little girl whom i will get to hold in a little over a week unless Worst Case happens and then it will be very very soon!

Movement: 
she is still moving a lot though has very little room. She is moving against my bladder a lot and i often feel afraid i'll pee my pants. So far so good

Sleep:
I am actually sleeping great! Maybe because i see the end is near.

What I Miss
Still that feeling in the tips of my fingers. I miss it so! i think i'm going to miss feeling her move in my belly! i don't miss it yet.

What i LOVE
I love that by the end of next week at the latest I will be holding my daughter in my arms! I just pray her lungs are developed enough to breathe on her own and that she has enough body fat to regulate her temperature!  I love feeling her inside of me these last few moments knowing it is all about to end. I love how everyone is taking care of me and treating me well. 

Emotions
Up and down. I'm excited but nervous. I think mostly excited though. I KNEW i wasn't going to make it 40 weeks but i had NO idea that it would happen like this.

Milestone
A due date to be set tomorrow morning!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! So exciting that you will get to meet her soon and won't have to be pregnant any more. :) I hope everything goes well and you can use the Bradley Method for your pain management. I've heard great things about it. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete