06 July 2011

35 weeks... will we make it to 40?



SIZE of Miss Beeman:

My baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in my womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical 
development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


Biggest challenges:  
Most of you that follow me on facebook know that I have been on bedrest the past week. Last week my swelling got worse and worse and then i decided I better call the doctor. This was last Tuesday. The advice nurse told me to go home and lay down all evening until bed. My swelling didn't improve. So she had me stay home all wednesday morning and check again. I was still pitting and the swelling had not improved so they asked me to come in. I had gained about five pounds in a week (water weight the doc said) and my normally solid 117/70 BP had shot up to 139/85. She put me on bedrest to see if a week off my feet and doing little to nothing would resolve my issues.
Today i went back to the doctor, my weight dropped back down a little (oh i'm still holding plenty of water though), but my BP is now 142/85, and this is AFTER a week of inactivity and rest. I am not dilated yet so that is ok but i'm ready to get the show on the road. Now i'm back to work BUT i am on watch and I have to take it easy at home. I have to see the nurse at the Health Care Center at work the next two days to check my BP. If it escalates to something over 90 then the doc said that they'll have to bring me in ASAP to take the baby. Hopefully if this happens then I will be able to still deliver vaginally. I really don't want to have a c-section, but all in all, healthy mom / healthy baby is the goal.  I am trying to finish up projects for my coworkers to take so that I can go into labor knowing my ducks are in a row. I would have blogged last week while on rest but my fingers are numb from all the swelling.

Cravings:
Childbirth and relief!

Gender: 
A little girl!

Movement: 
Very active. I can feel her a lot stronger b/c she has no room to run away!

Sleep:
I am sleeping decent.  I think i go to the bathroom once or twice. 

What I Miss
 I miss my gallon sized bladder and being able to feel the tips of my fingers, It is amazing how useful the feeling at the tips of your hands really can be. I didn't realize.

What i LOVE
My massage therapist has been such a blessing to me! She has kept me as comfortable as can be. I see her once a week but lately i'm going in more often for some hand and foot work. Rick has been helping with my hands. They are not as bad in the afternoon but in the morning i cannot straighten my fingers. I wonder if this is what arthritis feels like.

Emotions
I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Its almost over. My mom and dad are coming to town on the 16th or 17th to help put the nursery together and mom and I will go pick up last minute items for baby. I hope i make it until then!!!

Milestone
My hospital bag is packed!! I have three outfits for baby in case she's super small or big - i guess timing is a key factor here... It won't be long!

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping your swelling goes down, blood pressure stabilizes and that Miss Sloan makes a cooperative entrance at the right time!

    ReplyDelete