02 June 2011

WEEK 30!

I honestly believe this baby is coming early. I had really bad contractions last week for about 2.5 days. Probably from all the walking I was doing in this heat! I spent about an hour in the pool on Monday and when i got out and my weightlessness left, i felt heavier than ever before. No wonder my feet are killing me i'm so freaking heavy! i can't believe i have 10 more weeks of this.  But as I said before, i'm pretty sure Sloan will come early. After the contractions I had, which were high, middle then low, the baby dropped. I'm not sure if she came back up or if she stayed down, but i havent' felt nearly as much kicking in my ribs. My massage therapist agreed that she has dropped. So now we just wait. She is head down (which i commented about how i felt her turn a few weeks back and noted in my blog) and now she is sitting lower. Baby Beeman is engaged.  I have a very long torso and i am anxious to see if Sloan is as long as we think she might be. Let us get back to the details:

An updated pic of ME:
Here I am in my tankini. Last week i wore the regular bikini but this week i really grew. It does feel nice to be tan though. Fat always looks better tan. And I am wearing plenty of sunscreen. Our pool is really great. I'm tempted to go down the slide but scared i might get stuck. Surely there are "normal" people bigger than me though so I guess i could try it. I still weigh less than Rick. Maybe if he comes with me i'll use the slide. It might give us a good laugh.  WE sure do laugh a ton
 

Enough about me, lets talk about baby Bee...

SIZE of Miss Beeman:
Head of Cabbage:.... She now weighs around 3 pounds and is 15 to 17 inches long from head to heel. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. 
 


Biggest challenges:  
Patience.

Cravings:
Raw Salmon....

Gender: 
Baby girl named Sloan Violet! 

Movement: 
tons. She is active, then rests, then is active. She likes to kick me in the ribs when i'm in meetings. Rick and i cuddle at night and she kicks him a bit before i make him roll back to his side of the bed. He loves putting his hands on my stomach to feel her and he talks to her a lot. He is a wonderful daddy!

Sleep:
What's that? i can't sleep. Between bathroom breaks and heartburn i am up several times a night. Oh well. i will sleep when the baby is born (ha i know i'm dreaming). Last night i only woke up once to use the bathroom. Yay!

What I Miss
I miss sleeping and playing soccer. I'm so tired now. I can't imagine what it will be like when baby comes. I really miss sleeping on my stomach!

What i LOVE
People say i'm glowing, and i'd have to say, i'm sure the suntan helps! Being pregnant in the summer is great. My favorite makeup is a little sun on my cheeks.  I also love how Rick and I get along. We are best friends and its insane how close we are to each other. I have never in my entire life been so comfortable with another person.  We cleaned and organized our entire garage in a few hours this weekend and have a few more smaller projects to finish up this week.

Maternity Clothes:
My tankini above is a regular one in size "L". I like it. The bottoms are also regular. I just got a medium instead of my typical small as my butt was eating my other bottoms and i'm sure nobody wanted to see that. All in all, i have enough clothes to get me through to the end... i think. As much as I "want" to go shopping for new (maternity) clothes I really don't. I have to go to a dinner party at my cousins house on Saturday night and will be wearing a black dress if i can find one in my closet that fits (i only have like 4 black dresses). I'll try to get a pic of myself to share with you guys.

Emotions
is tired an emotion? because that is how i feel.. otherwise i feel good. i'm very happy. I smile way too much as it is. After all, I just like to smile, Smiling's my favorite.

Milestone 
We bought a freezer for the garage because I like to stock up on sales and I want to start making extra meals for when the baby comes. Less cooking for me when she is born. I think lasagna, chicken pot pie, meatloaf, and some other stuff will be a good start. Plus my mom will come for a week or so and i'll have her cook some things for us.  Rick is now a master on the grill so he will be in charge of making dinner. I like to cut vegetables and put them on metal skewers for him to grill that way he does all the cooking! Might as well get used to it. Once the baby comes he is in charge for the first bit.


We have another 3D ultrasound on the 13th! i can't wait to see how big she is measuring and see if she really is positioned as i think she is... This is very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't braved a bathing suit yet, but I'm so tempted because of the heat. You look great in yours! I'm afraid I will scare fellow pool-goers. :(

    Patience... that is becoming a challenge for me too. Although sometimes I still wonder if I'm ready for this huge change that's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn i think you will be just fine! We are our worst critic and remember, people are staring at your belly, not the rest of you (which is probably what makes you insecure b/c i know it could me)

    at this point, once she is full term, I would much rather have her out of me than in me!! I just hope i don't drop her! i think that is my biggest fear

    ReplyDelete