14 June 2011

32 weeks! (only 8 to go!)

Here's our baby girl! 

We are SO excited to see her in person! We got to see her open and close her mouth and stick her thumb in her mouth to suck :) I was a thumb sucker too. We even got to see her open her eyes which was a little eerie but still very cool. It was almost as though she was saying OK OK you saw me, now leave me alone. She then made this scrunched face as though she were crying. She responded to the sound of my voice which was... well just perfect!  

Sloan is measuring a week ahead in size and 4 1/2 pounds BUT that weight estimation is 15% accurate with a .75 pound confidence limit. So statistically speaking - its a crap shoot BUT her head size and belly size are measuring big and i think that the size measurement is accurate despite the inaccuracy of the weight.

SIZE of Miss Beeman:
What the heck is a Jicama?? a Large Jicama? i'll show you what it is
looks like a potato but tastes like a turnip. So i read.
According to the "AVERAGE BABY" - By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
AT this point does it even matter if she is the size of a Jicama? i dont' think so because i got to see her!!! Only 8 weeks to go but i still think she is going to come early!

Biggest challenges:  
waiting! She is so precious and I don't even have a nursery for her because we really want to wait until the house is sold. So being patient and waiting on the house to sell is quite the challenge. But as long as we get a pack 'n play as we planned on using the first three months anyways, we will be fine. We dont' want to set up a crib twice so we will use the bassinet portion of the pack 'n play to sleep with her in our room. Also my friend said i could use her travel sleeper if we dont' get the pnp.

Cravings:
A tropical vacation and REAL sushi !

Gender: 
Baby girl named Sloan Violet! 

Movement: 
She is moving a lot still but definitely running out of room in there. Her hands are near her face so i feel lots of movement and elbows in my lower abdomen/pelvis area. then her feet in my ribs. She isnt' moving as violently, now just slower more deliberate moving.

Sleep:
I am sleeping great aside from the fact i want to sleep on my stomach. I am so tired now!

What I Miss
Sleeping on my stomach. My closet full of clothes especially all my sundresses that won't fit over my chest... I'm not complaining but i would like some new dresses and really cannot wait to be able to wear the 100 items in my closet that i presently cannot wear.

What i LOVE
I love that i'm not starving anymore. I'm seriously so full all the time or i get hungry, i take a bite and i'm full. Its nice. 
Rick and i have his children for six weeks this summer, we have had them a full week and their mother came to get them for the first weekend which we just thought was so nice of her to give us a little break. I'm not sure if that was the intention but it was well received.

Maternity Clothes:
most of the time with the exception of the things i buy in large.

Emotions
is tired still an emotion? i'm still tired. but very happy. 

Milestone
we had our 3D/4D ultrasound and Sloan is really gaining weight. They are estimating her at 4.5lbs (which is 8/16 oz) already, and you really can't tell the length because she is in fetal position.. duh.
She is laying on her left side looking towards my right. Her butt is in my left rib and her hands and feet are playing on the right side. She sucks her thumb (just like her momma did). The tech said 63rd percentile. Remember how i said that I felt Sloan drop like three weeks ago - well guess what? She dropped! so we couldn't get a pic of the top of her head or her whole head, just her face because she is head down and facing the back of my body! A perfect position for delivery!

Some people are more in tune with their bodies i guess. I succinctly  remember her flipping to head down and i remember feeling her drop with the contractions I had a few weeks ago. And now we just wait. I can feel pressure on my cervix which wasn't there before. I think she is just waiting until my body can no longer hold her in! lets see nature run its course. I'm starting to get very nervous for the delivery but we have taken many classes and we will have a doula at our birth and i know it is going to be hard to do but i also know that i was made to have a child and unless there are complications (which all signs point to not) then I should be able to have this baby the good old fashioned way, just like my mom had me !!!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet pictures! We have been trying to decide whether or not to go back for 3D/4D pictures.... It's so tempting after seeing your pics!

    We are going to try to have a Doula assist with our birth too. Here's hoping we both make it through the natural way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to meet the baby!! her and Charlie can be BFFs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - if you are planning on it go soon because the tech said she doesn't like to do it after 32 weeks because of the very problems we had with her - she is low in my pelvis and thus it was very hard to get her to turn around, esp b/c she is measuring big.
    julie - We will have to bring her over to meet Charlie! lets hope shes not allergic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...those pictures are amazing. I cannot keep up with technology anymore!

    ReplyDelete