07 March 2011

It's a ....

Most of my readers are my facebook friends, but since i know a few of you lurkers out there are NOT on facebook, or not my friend, i thought i'd share the good news.

I have a special gift but its not always accurate. I am a dreamer and there are times my dreams predict the future. I know it sounds crazy, but I have had dreams that have come true. The first one i can vividly recall was in high school when I had a dream my neighbor died, and a week later he died in a car wreck. I didn't put the two together until he died, but it flashed before my eyes and i remembered seeing it happen. Its weird, but i never put any stock into my dreams because i dream most every night and not all dreams are accurate. But Friday night i had one of those dreams that i really thought was going to be real. I told Rick and a few neighbors and friends about it. I dreamt we were at the ultrasound and, clear as day, my baby had a vagina.

In case you didn't notice, my ticker has changed color. Did that give it away?? My dream was 100% accurate. Now again, i dont' put stock into my dreams any more than i do my intuition. I had a feeling when we first conceived it was a girl, i put it in the back of my head and convinced myself this was a boy. I was really feeling "girl" the whole time but i let a few people tell me it was probably a boy, based on nothing short of old wives tales and speculation, so i changed my mind towards boy, but in the back of my head i was thinking girl. Its sort of like, when you really want something to happen, but you don't want to be disappointed (trust me a boy would be just as exciting) so you convince yourself of the opposite of what you think you want just to prepare yourself for the possibility, but then the dream came, and two days later, (today) i had my BIG appointment!! ITS A GIRL!!


I am SO EXCITED that i am presently carrying a healthy baby girl!!!  She will be the FIRST GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER for my moms parents and my parents first GRANDDAUGHTER .  Talk about one soon to be spoiled princess. We told my mom first because she is my best friend. She was excited and sent me a text message at lunch that she was going to go out and buy something pink (SEE?? its starting already) Grammy (my mother in law) was next. She was very excited I think. BTW< that 10$ i owe you will go in a college fund for the baby >
She is 11cm long from crown to rump and has very long and skinny arms and legs and is moving them around like crazy!! Perfect fingers and perfect toes. It was hard to get a good picture of her face because she was moving, but Rick and i agree, she is BEAUTIFUL!!

And to top things off, i went to the Social Security office and DMV the week i had the flu and CHANGED MY NAME! I am officially Mrs. Jennifer Beeman! So baby bee will have parents with matching last names. She is thrilled! Especially because it makes her name so much easier to use! We'll share eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, congratulations! I felt like ours was a girl from the beginning too, but people telling me otherwise had me convinced that we were having a boy instead.

    ReplyDelete