05 November 2010

Surprise of all surprises

I am a very hard person to surprise. It just doesn't happen. I am too curious for my own good, and tend to unravel even the best laid plan.

Last night about half an hour or less after i arrived home i heard a car door shut (in my driveway). I thought maybe it was a neighbors house b/c on the cul-de-sac, everything echoes and sounds closer. Then a knock at the door.

Nobody comes to my house and knocks on the door unexpected. I know when someone is going to come over. Only a few times have i been "blessed" with surprise visitors. I look out the window and don't recognize the car, so i open the garage door and walk outside.

A man is standing on my front porch and starts walking my way. Is it... ??
its rick? ITS RICK! I can't register how this is happening. How is it that he is here. All day I was frustrated b/c i found out i will be needing surgery and wanted to talk it over with him, but he was completely out of touch. I called his Dubai cell over and over, but no answer. I was getting upset.

And now, it all made sense. He was on an airplane. He was coming to rescue me from myself.

It was just tuesday when i begged him to come home to see me. I cried and cried because I was that miserably depressed and doing a horrible job at getting through.

And now, here he is. For the next week. I have him.

How's that for a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. What lovely story, I'm glad you were surprised. You deserve it. Sorry I haven't been in touch, and sorry you have to have surgery.
    Hope you are back in your boots again in no time.
    love Tanya x

    ReplyDelete