18 June 2010

CALIFORNIA DREAMING

ok, interesting facts.
I was born and raised on the East Coast. The only time I have seen the Pacific Ocean was in Costa Rica where i spent 14 days last year. I have been married twice in my life. Both times to men born and raised in California. More times than not, people ask me if I'm originally from Cali, probably because of my blond hair, tan skin, and laid back style. Most of the time people are surprised that I was born and raised in South Carolina. I have lived in three states, SC, FL and NC.

I have always wanted to go to California. I even got accepted to UCLA for graduate school. It was the goal. A goal that might still happen. But mostly I wanted to move to a place like La Jolla. Not that I have any idea because as i said before, I've never been, but i hear its nice.

I'm flying to San Diego to go to a conference Sunday to Wednesday, but i am leaving tomorrow. My friend Anna (who just got engaged!! YAY!!!) is picking me up. She lives in La Jolla. I haven't seen Anna in almost 10 years so i'm pretty excited to go visit. I don't know what we are going to do, sort of play it by ear, but i'm super excited to see her and meet her fiancĂ© Andy.

Finishing laundry, packing and waking up in 5 hours. happy day for me.

At least i'll be flying comfortably in first class and staying in a very nice hotel. Feel free to send flowers and gifts, i'll be checking in on Sunday.  http://manchestergrand.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp 

Can't wait to upload new pics from my trip!!


No comments:

Post a Comment