05 April 2010

The proposal....







Rick "informally" proposed to me before I flew out to Bahrain. Here are his words and I felt like I should share this. I knew he was going to propose to me "eventually". At first he was going to wait a few months, I think until his trip out to the States in March, but I guess he got a little restless.

"Jennifer, I would be honored if you were to spend the rest of your life with me. To stand by my side. to be my strength, my lover, my best friend and most importantly, give me an outlet to where I could shower my love, my affection, my passion, my attention...
..upon the most beautiful, most intelligent, funniest, sexiest, wildest, friendliest, most Godly, most fun, and most lovable woman on the planet...

...In return, I can offer a lifetime of love, emotional security, passion, adoration, leadership, and joy... You will never feel unsafe again"


He proposed to me about 100 times before i left Bahrain.... He kept finding new and innovative ways to ask me to marry him, and it was really endearing (and quite funny). I think it was because he proposed twice at the airport - the one on video, and again at the car with the actual ring... So i said in jest, ok, i'll marry you, but only if you propose to me 100 times and mix it up a little. It got a little interesting and he was dropping to his knee all the time. I laughed a lot. Laughter is good for the soul.



when we got my diamond ring, he dropped to his knee again outside of the store and proposed. I think the night before the wedding he asked me one last time, just to be sure... Jennifer will you give me the great honor of being my wife and marrying me tomorrow? And to each and every proposal, my answer was always - YES!! I sure can't wait to be by his side forever. This distance and waiting is the worst... but it won't be too much longer. I should be done with my paper by july.... God willing. But isn't that what this is all about? The Will of God???? I certainly believe so. And if this is God's will, it cannot be much longer. Who could possibly deny God ? I can't think of anyone. Unless of course, we ourselves choose to live outside of Gods will for our lives... but why would we do that when clearly God has a much better plan that either of us can imagine. I have faith. God brought us together, He will take care of the details. All we have to do, is obey Him, and live inside His will for our lives. So far, we are doing just that....

No comments:

Post a Comment