31 January 2010

Plans for the future

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you,"

We all have plans for our lives. Some of our plans can be put into fruition, and some cannot. The beautiful thing that I have learned in life is that I can only control ONE person, and that is me. I have talked about this before. There are times we try to control someone else, be it through ultimatums, reverse psychology, emotional withdrawal, or any other type of manipulation... but it will backfire. If not now, eventually. And the scars left behind sometimes are so deep, that we are unable to see that we are guilty of that which we strive to resist.  Rebellion and free will are magnificent things. Unbridled beasts. Be careful what you do and say. Even if you are clever, good always wins. It has been written and will not change. Not now, not ever. The ending is inevitable. Now and forevermore.

Having an idea of what the future holds is quite an amazing realization. Overwhelming at times, but only in the best sense of the word. Faith, believing in that which cannot be seen or held.  I know what my future looks like now, and maybe I do not know the minute detail and the exact timing of it all, but I do know that I know that I know for sure. And the impending events to follow over the course of 2010 - will reveal themselves all in due time. Had someone told me on New Years Eve of 2009 while i napped on my couch, watched the NYC countdown, and nursed the flu, that in first month of the year, I would fall madly in love with a man living in the Middle East, I would have shrugged my shoulders and blown it off. Yes I was communicating with him at the time, but I had yet to realize the amazing character and strength and pureness of heart. Why did my blog become all about love? Because that is all I know. And soon enough, I will be his... in every possible way.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you really make me feel good about myself. It's easier to believe in myself when I have someone like you by my side urging me forward. I do love you.

    ReplyDelete